Canonicity: Super Smash Bros is not canon to the Super Mario franchise in any shape or form. (with the exception of trophy information) Super Smash Bros is confirmed by Nintendo to be a separate universe with its own canon.
|Super Smash Bros. Ultimate|
Her character number is 13ε in the roster with the Echo epsilon symbol. She is Peach's Echo Fighter. Daisy will be an unlockable character. Deanna Mustard reprises her role as the tomboy princess.
As an Echo Fighter for Peach, Daisy shares her moveset with her. Although, Daisy does have her own unique poses, taunts and victory animations, as well as her own voice clips, along with some differences in the way her attacks are performed and behave. She also has her own slot as well as her own palette swap, though it is not known yet what gameplay differences she and Peach have (damage output and defense).
So far here are the differences known between Peach and Daisy's movesets:
- Daisy has a more energetic idle animation, with her arms held up by her side.
- Daisy uses a Blue Toad instead of a red one.
- During her neutral special, Daisy looks towards the Blue Toad attacking her opponent instead of closing her eyes. Furthermore, Daisy puts on a face of curiosity while Peach looks distraught.
- Daisy has flower and petal effects for her attacks instead of hearts.
- Daisy has different taunts and victory animations. Her intro and outro is unique as well.
-Daisy's left hand is bent during her parasol descent, whilst Peach's arm is straight. Daisy's mouth is open during her descent while Peach's is closed.
-While running and jumping, Daisy's mouth is open while Peach's mouth is closed.
-Daisy's running animation is kept from the last Mario Party games she appeared in, what differs from Peach who holds her dress.
- Aerial attacks
- During her up aerial, Daisy performs two rainbow attacks instead of one.
- Special moves
- Daisy's variant of Peach Bomber shoots foes downward instead of upward and is faster in the air.
- Daisy's Turnip launch is also faster than Peach's
- Daisy's range is shorter than Peach's
- Final Smash
Daisy's Final Smash is the same as Peach's but with different colors and features, instead of pink and hearts, we'll have yellow and flowers. The FInal Smash also differs in the objects that appear on the stage that are not giant peaches but giant daisies that keep the same role though.
These are the different screens that can appear during Daisy's Final Smash:
While many would say that Peach and Daisy Smash outfit are the same, one could notice that there are in fact way more differences than between their current Mario dress. Here are they : ( (*) means that these features come from the Mario universe)
- Peach’s has one dark pink frill at the bottom while Daisy has two orange frills (*)
- The “tribal-like” design at the bottom of the dresses don’t depict the same shapes for Peach and for Daisy. More, Peach’s one is golden while Daisy’s is white. Same goes with the “tribal-like” design surrounding the dress jewel
- The lace present on the lower part of the dresses doesn’t depict the same patterns. Peach’s lace is "aerated" while Daisy’s is more compact and shows flowers.
- The cuffs are bigger on Peach’s dress than on Daisy’s dress.
- Peach's collar ends with a thin white border while Daisy's remains simple with a little pattern on it. But while Peach doesn't have customized "cuffs end", Daisy has (*) (depicting the same shape as her collar) with the same patterns as on her collar.
- Daisy’s crown is smaller than Peach’s. (*)
- The patterns described on the crowns are different for each, more Peach’s one features a mushroom at the top of it, above the main red jewel, while Daisy’s doesn’t feature anything special.
- Daisy’s crown is made of lighter gold compared to Peach’s. (*)
- The "separation" is placed lower on Peach's crown that on Daisy's crown
- Peach’s gloves end with a golden border. Daisy’s end with nothing in particular.
- Daisy's gloves depict daisy patterns while Peach's depict random patterns. Peach also wears a ring.
- Per normal, Daisy is slightly shorter than Peach. (*)
Official website pageEdit
Since Daisy is a fighter with her own slot, she has her own page on the official Super Smash Bros. website. Daisy was the fighter of the day on June 14 and was the fighter of the week from June 17-23.
Daisy's Smash amiibo has been revealed during the Smash Direct of the 1st of November, 2018, along with Ken's, Isabelle's, Piranha Plant's, Ice Climbers', Young Link's and Pichu's amiibo. Daisy's will be available along with Isabelle's and Pichu's during 2019, the precise date is currently unknown.
- Daisy is the 8th playable character in Super Smash Bros. from the Mario franchise and the 4th playable female character from the Mario franchise.
- In both Daisy's E3 Direct reveal and Showcase on the official Smash Bros website, she uses music from the Mario Tennis series, she also uses the Mario Kart 8 stage as a background on her page on the Smash Bros website which could both be a nod to her popularity in those series of games or the spin-offs in general.
- One of Daisy's victory animations is reminiscent of her celebration animation from Mario Golf: World Tour
- Daisy is the only newcomer revealed at E3 2018 for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate that wasn't playable in the demo.
- Daisy's pose for one of her unique animations matches promotional artwork of her first used for Mario Kart 7
- Princess Daisy is the first Echo Fighter to be based on a female fighter, that female being Princess Peach
- This is the first time since Mario Strikers Charged that Daisy has displayed the ability of teleportation.
- Daisy was the first character to be shown on their new victory screen.
- Daisy's white swap differs between its E3 and Final versions: the crown is not silver anymore but remains golden and the two layers at her waist which were totally white became light grey (the frills color of the E3 version is unknown though), maybe to differ this swap more from Peach's white one: